Monday, August 10, 2009

Vermont Cheese

The travel listicle below made me miss Vermont. A lot. It's a National Geographic Traveler article about the VT Cheese Trail! Brilliant.... Although I would definitely argue that they left some fantastic artisanal cheese makers from the southern end of the state off. Taylor Farm maple smoked gouda, made in Londonderry, changed my life, or at least my stance on gouda cheese. And some of the early farm cheeses from the Major Farm in Westminster West (which is now the Vermont Shepherd Farm) that were sold at the Putney co-op inducted me into the wonders of earthy cheeses.

Vermont's a wonderful place, with a well entrenched local, sustainable food community. It's nice to see it get some attention, although the Vermonter in me has an inherent mistrust of any increase in tourism. That being said a lot of the local purveyors and business men depend on visitors, so here's the link.

Vermont Cheese Trail

1 comment:

  1. cool!, I too mistrust the tourism, but then again find myself preaching to "foreigners" about the wonders of Vermont, would be hypocritical not to let them in on the fun

    ReplyDelete