I don't go in much for New Year's Resolutions. I support the notion of goals and self improvement, but the act of making a resolution rings false to me. If you want to do something, just do it. It's possible my personality is more inclined towards contemplation interrupted by bursts of impulsiveness. Yearly goal setting is a tad to regular for my taste. With that said I'm thrilled to bid 2010 goodbye and good riddance and move into 2011. So in the spirit of starting over what I can get behind are some reasonable food and eating goals. So here goes.
1) Learn how to make fresh pasta.
2) Conquer my fear of pie crusts (just in time for what every food paper, blog, smoke signal and what have you calls the year of the pie in 2011)
3) Catch up on my food lit: namely the MFK Fisher compendium and the New Yorker food tome collected dust on my bedside table.
4) Cook more complete meals
5) Eat more vegetables
6) Try more food trucks before the bubble bursts in DC
7) Find more local sources for food to carry through the farmer's market off season
8) Can something
9) Bake something, anything, from the pretty "My Bread" book I've avoided all year
10) Blog more
Happy New Year!